Friday 1 August 2014

10 Inspiring Ladies

(...That is, ladies who inspire me, rather than me attempting to inspire other ladies. I'm sure that was clear anyway, but the English language is a funny thing.)

Meg from Hercules

Seriously, that level of sass is quite inhuman. Which probably makes sense because she's a cartoon character. Still.

Catherine Tate

Most British comedy sketch shows are made up of a pair, and usually a pair of gents - Matt Lucas & David Walliams, David Mitchell & Robert Webb, Harry Enfield & Paul Whitehouse, to name just a few.
Not only is Catherine Tate a lady, but she's a lady on her own, and what's more is she is hilarious. Particularly when dressed as 'Nan', who is scarily accurate to my own grandmother.
You go Cathy T!

JK Rowling

I don't like thinking about JK Rowling much, because when I do I get distressed that Harry Potter isn't real and have to sit down with a cup of tea.
But, the fact that the land of Hogsmeade and Hegwig was magic-ed up in her brain? UNREAL. The very fact that I desperately want her world to be real says it all really. 
She deserves every last ounce of credit for making reading cool.

Jessica Ennis

Because any girl who is that amazing at that many athletic events deserves my complete and utter awe.
Plus, you could grate cheese on those abs. She must never eat cake, which astounds me nearly as much as her skill.

Tracy (The Mother) from 'How I Met Your Mother'

I was obsessed with this show, and I was obsessed with Tracy (when we finally met her). 
How can a human being be that wonderful and perfect?! One of my worst days of 2014 was the series finale because.. well if you don't know I won't tell you. BUT IT'S SAD.
Seriously, she's gorgeous, kind, funny, an eternal do-gooder...
Can I find a way to be her, please? Or, failing that, marry her myself and make her the mother of MY children.

Marie Curie

The first woman to ever win a Nobel prize is definitely something I find very, very, VERY impressive.
This lady devoted her life to doing ground-breaking research on the curative elements of radioactivity in cancer, and I barely know what an atom is. Go figure.

Carrie Bradshaw

Anyone who can pull off some of the outfits in Sex and the City that she did is something special.
Also, I find her just charming, and I sometimes wish my life was that glamorous and magazine column-y.

Carol Vorderman

Proving that women DO get more attractive as they get older since 1960.

Rita Ora

For no other reason, really, apart from the fact I think she's astoundingly gorgeous, and should be congratulated on winning her genetic lottery.

Hazel Grace Lancaster

Hazel is a fictional character from John Green's book 'The Fault in Our Stars' which is one of the best books I've read to date.
If I could be as brave and retain that good sense of humour as she if that was my life, I would consider myself an inspiration too.


So there you have it! My list of 10 inspirational ladies, for various different reasons. :)
Who inspires YOU?

No comments:

Post a Comment