Saturday 12 July 2014

Once upon a time in Cambridge

Since I have a visitor in the form of my gentleman friend down in the magical land of East Anglia, I decided I should show him all the delights that the south of England has to offer! I have a LOT of time for Cambridge, so I thought I would take him there. It's about an hour long drive from where I live (or an hour and a half if you're like me and get hopelessly lost.. twice) so Cambridge is the perfect place to go for a day trip treat!

The weather wasn't exactly on our side, but luckily Cambridge is so pretty that having a wander round the town would be fun even if it was pouring :) although you do have to watch your step very carefully to avoid being mown down by a bicycle!


The town itself isn't what I'd call huge, but it does have a select bunch of really nice shops :) we had a potter round the John Lewis, where I fell in love with a rangemaster oven... sadly I don't have £2000, or (perhaps more importantly!) my own house yet, so for the time being at least I had to say my farewells. Cambridge also has a really cool marketplace which I love having a nose around. I am a big fan of the contrast of the super chic and the retro that there is in the town!




Since I had the new camera round my neck like a true tourist, I felt it just wouldn't be right if I didn't put it to use and reinforce the stereotype ;). Fortunately you don't have to look far for good photo opportunities, as several of the colleges are bang in the centre and they are invariably BEAUTIFUL. I only wish my brain had been jazzy enough to allow me to study at one. :(






Then it was time for the obligatory wander down to the river. We umm-ed and ahh-ed about punting, but since the sky was looking a bit threatening we decided to keep to the land. However, that is not to say that the weather put us off getting ice cream ;).







And that concluded our visit to Cambridge for the day! :(
I will definitely go back again as soon as I can, I do love it so. <3

If anyone has any recommendations of good places to visit when I'm next there (especially food places as I must say we were lazy and opted for a quick Subway!) then I'd absolutely love to hear them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment